My Graphic Design experience spans two decades, and includes working as an Art Director as well as freelancing. In 2001, I turned my energies to caring for my children and returned to freelancing in 2011. I am passionate about Graphic Design, and my objective is to create distinctive work that captures visually the spirit and intent of my clients’ vision.
My parents, both professional Abstract Expressionists, exposed me from my earliest days to art. Through observation and interaction, I absorbed the culture of contemporary art, from the act of creation to the relationship between artist and audience. Because I also enjoy literature, my initial goal was to be a writer – hence studying English Literature at UC Berkeley. I worked in an art gallery at the time, and I found myself drawn to making art myself. Therefore, I studied Graphic Design through UC Berkeley’s extension program while also starting to work as a Graphic Designer. As my skills developed, particularly in designing Graphical User Interfaces for web-based applications and client websites, I became an Art Director.
From 2007-2011, I lived with my family in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where, apart from being a mother, I made and sold artwork. In 2011, I returned to Baltimore, where I had first settled in 2003. After home-schooling my children for a year and a half, I returned to Graphic Design.
What I bring to my clients includes my many years of experience in Graphic Design and a unique eye for the striking and playful. Good design mediates between you and your audience. It sparks the conversation. I give my clients the vocabulary for that conversation.
Resume link: RobertaHoffman_March2017resume0
- Murdoch Architects. Baltimore, Maryland.
- MAWMR – Mid-Atlantic Women’s Motorcycle Rally, 2017. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Segerstrom Cellars, Lorne and Runda Segerstrom. Chesterfield, New York.
- Amani Event Center. Beltsville, Maryland.
- Profiles – contract assignments. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Baltimore Metro Chapter of the Harley Owners Group. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Prodigal Altar Boy Films, Calvin Thomas. Baltimore, Maryland.
- MRCDC: Mount Royal Community Development Corporation. Baltimore, Maryland.
- GEDCO Homes, a subsidiary of GEDCO, Stephen Grant. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Midtown Academy. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Historic Mount Royal Terrace Association. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Promotional Edge, Michael Spranger. Danville, California.
- New Beginnings Christian Center, Pastor Bell. California.
- Countertop Studio. Cupertino, California.
- F. Rodgers Insulation, Inc. Antioch, California.
- City of Hercules. Hercules, California.
- Citigate. San Francisco, California.
Clients served with C-Bridge Internet Solutions:
- The Economical Insurance Group. Canada.
- Downstream Energy. Houston, Texas.
- Seagate. California and Denver, Colorado.
- Frost Bank. San Antonio, Texas.
- Chevron. San Francisco Bay Area, California.
- C-Bridge Internet Solutions. San Francisco, California.
Clients served with First Consulting Group:
- Reliance Trust Company
- Catholic Healthcare West. California.
- MedPartners. Orange County, California.
- Kaiser Permanente. Oakland, California.